Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Adoption Struggles

Throughout my research of adoption, I have come to learn that this process is not celebrated without the undertone of loss. Individuals that think otherwise are sadly unprepared or in denial about the fact that in order for my family to come to fruition with the addition of my beautiful little girl, there is a family some where in the world missing a daughter, a niece, a cousin, a grand daughter.

This insightful article offers a small glimpse into the loss, feelings, and reality of international adoption. As I post this, I feel lucky that I have such an amazing support system to help endure the certain trials and tribulations that will accompany this process. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Reflection on Adoption

No comments:

Post a Comment