Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Public Service Announcement :)

Through my exhaustive research of the adoption process, I have come across many blog posts, videos, books and accompanying literature that addresses the language associated with adoption. Now, those of you that know me well would  agree that I am not, at times, the most politically correct individual..... So this cute video brought to you by Rain City Church to address all of the well-intentioned comments and questions directed towards adoptive families.

If You Wouldn't Say it About a Boob Job.....

On a moderately serious note, check out this list from AdoptiveFamilies.com which explain some Positive Adoptive Language

Always the teacher, I would hope this post provides an illuminating look at the perspective of adoptive families and children.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment