Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Ups and Downs of Adoption

Last week ended with the amazing news that my "Letter Seeking Confirmation" (LSC), also known as "Letter of Action" (LOA), had been issued by the CCCWA. This letter is sent to my adoption agency, immediately mailed to me to sign, scan and return to my agency. At this point, the LOA is joined by my I-800 paperwork and off to US immigration.
Although LOA's usually arrive within a day or two, mine was unfortunately absent from the DHL shipment arriving at my agency from China this week. As frustrating as this may be, I refuse to let the wait and countdown for her homecoming consume my every thought.
Therefore, I will turn to something that is constant, true and unwavering in my life: Science. :)
Check out the fantastic research by Dr. Charles Nelson recently featured on NPR this week. It is an enlightening look into power of love on the mind of an orphaned child.
NPR Article on Dr. Charles Nelson

Enjoy and hopefully I will be able to share some exciting updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment